So this is a great veggie packed meal that lets the vegetables shine with their own natural flavor.
If you’re not a big veggie lover, I get that. When you haven’t been used to eating veggies all that much it might seem like a dish like this is not going to be boring. But you will be surprised at how much you’ll enjoy it.
You can really use whatever vegetables you have on hand to make this dish. So if you find yourself with something else left in the fridge, just throw it in the mix and use it up.
Chicken Cashew Veggie Stir Fry
- 8.8 oz chicken breast – sliced
- 1 carrot – julienne sliced
- 1 zucchini – julienne sliced
- 4.3 oz cauliflower – equiv. 1 cup – chopped
- 3.5 oz broccoli – equiv. 1 cup – chopped
- 4.5 oz mushrooms – sliced
- 1 tomato – diced
- 1 onion – sliced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon tamari – wheat free soy sauce
- konjac noodles – optional
- 1.2 oz cashew nuts – equiv. 1/4 cup
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large fry pan or wok.
- Add the chicken and fry until just cooked, adding half the tamari half way through cooking. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add more oil to the pan or wok.
- Add the onion and carrot and saute until starting to brown.
- Add the cauliflower, broccoli, and zucchini and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes, until starting to soften.
- Add the diced tomato and tamari to the pan, stir through and cook for a further 3 minutes, until the veggies are cooked to your liking – well softened but still slightly crisp is nice.
- Lastly, add the cashews to the pan, stir through to combine and heat through and then serve.
Please share, pin, or tweet this post