Green beans are on the list of all-you-can-eat veggies!
This super simple dish can be altered for flavor by adding a wide range of herbs and spices. But of course, with just onion and chili, these green beans taste great, too. Add as much or as little chili, depending on how spicy you like it.
Onion Chili Green Beans
- 7 oz green beans - ends removed
- 1 onion - finely diced
- 1 hot chili pepper - finely sliced, or use hot chili paste (sambal)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil - or coconut oil
- Heat a large pan over medium heat; add the olive oil when it's hot.
- Add the beans, onion and chili and saute over a medium heat until cooked to your desired doneness. If the pan dries out after a few minutes, add a bit of water intermittently. This will also encourage the beans to soften.
- Serve with chicken, meat or fish.
- Add fresh or dried herbs such as thyme, oregano or basil.
- Splash a little red wine or red wine vinegar over the beans half way through cooking.
- Use tamari (wheat free soy sauce) to add a more savory flavor
Please pin, share or tweet this recipe. 🙂