Chia is one of those pronounced ‘superfoods’ because it does contain loads of nutrients and tons of fiber!
When it comes to superfood trends, I’m not one to jump on their tails. It usually takes me a while before trying things – sometimes years. Well, chia seeds are on of those foods.
BUT now that they are on the menu, I wouldn’t ever leave them behind because they make the perfect low carb diabetic dessert. This coconut chia pudding is so incredibly satisfying, so I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 10-15 drops liquid stevia extract
- 1 cup coconut cream – or coconut milk
- 10 strawberries
- 6 cherries
- Mix the coconut cream and stevia in a bowl to combine – if the coconut cream is firm, you may have to heat slightly to make it a liquid.
- Add the chia seeds to the bowl, cover, and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or even better, leave it overnight ready for breakfast!
- Serve in 2 glasses topped with some freshly chopped berries on top.
Please pin it, tweet it, or share it to share the foodie love 🙂
And if you’re interested in more diabetic friendly low carb recipes – subscribe for our weekly meal plains.