This dish was something I whipped up for lunch recently that both my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed.
It takes just 15 minutes to make, is full of vitamins and minerals. It contains healthy monounsaturated fats in the form of olive oil and olives. And the flavor, well, it’s delicious.
A light overtone of oregano combined with the aroma and slightly tart taste of the kalamata olives makes this one a winner.
Topped with a bit of grated cheddar cheese and sour cream just helps to bring out the flavor.
I used zucchini noodles made with the Paderno Vegetable Spiral Slicer – I did a full review of the Paderno over here and I highly recommend it as an essential kitchen item.
Low Carb Diabetic Olive Herb Chicken Spaghetti
- 10.5 oz chicken breast – sliced
- 1 tomato – diced
- 10 pitted kalamata olives – sliced
- 1 spring onions (scallions) – sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper – sliced
- 3 zucchini – made into noodles
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- black cracked pepper
- 1.7 oz cheddar cheese – grated (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream – (optional)
- Cut the chicken into small strips as pictured.
- And slice up all the veggies ready to go.
- Heat a large wok or pan with a little oil over a medium-high heat; add the minced garlic and chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the oregano and red wine vinegar and continue to cook the chicken until it is almost done; then set aside in a bowl. The key to cooking tender chicken is to slightly undercook it. Meat continues to cook while it is still warm. If you’re unsure, break one of the strips in half and you will see if it’s still pink inside, or if it’s cooked.
- Next, add a little more oil to the pan; along with the spring onion (scallions), tomato, red bell pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and give it about 2 minutes to cook; stirring occasionally. If you like the noodles cooked more, then continue to cook a little longer but they work very well if they are crisp.
- Stir the chicken back through the dish and turn off the heat.
- Serve in 2 bowls and top with a little grated cheddar and a spoonful of sour cream.
Please share, pin, or tweet this post