This recipe is from our Bountiful Breakfast Menu that contains 45 more delicious and easy diabetic breakfast recipes.
Though it is perfect just like this, a Mixed Berry Parfait is so easy to make and can be made in any number of variations.
It’s got a good combination of healthy fat and protein from plain Greek yogurt, nuts and seeds, and some sweetness from the berries and cinnamon.
It’s great for a morning when you’re on the run and can easily be made the night before, so it’s ready and waiting for you in the morning.
Hope you enjoy it!
Easy Diabetic Breakfast: Mixed Berry Parfait
- 3.7 oz frozen mixed berries – equiv. 3/4 cup – defrosted
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 2 Tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 5-7 drops liquid stevia extract – optional
- If you want to parfait a bit sweeter, stir the liquid stevia into the yogurt.
- Layer the ingredients into 2 glasses starting with the berries, a little almonds, sunflower seeds, and coconut, a sprinkle of cinnamon, a thin layer of yogurt; then repeat until you use all the ingredients.
Please share, pin, or tweet this recipe so others can indulge too 🙂