Bread is a high carb food that is best avoided if you’re diabetic. But that doesn’t mean you have to go without because there are lots of low carb alternative options.
Take this chicken lettuce wrap as an example.
Instead of using wrap bread, which is high carb and can send your blood sugar soaring. You can use lettuce leaves as the ‘wrap bread’ to achieve the same purpose.
You’ll be surprised how satisfying this is and you won’t have to worry about your blood sugar soaring.
Top it with any number of fillings you can think of and you’re set for an awesome low carb diabetic lunch you’ll thoroughly enjoy!
Virtual Cooking Class
Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 6 iceberg lettuce leaves – peeled whole from the lettuce
- 2 Tablespoon hummus – or avocado slices
- 1 carrot – grated/ shredded
- 1 Lebanese/ English cucumber – sliced
- 1 tomato – sliced
- 1/2 red onion – sliced
- 14.1 oz roast chicken Equiv. to 2 cups – stripped from a BBQ/rotisserie chicken
- Place a sheet of foil on the bench.
- Lay out 2 pieces of lettuce, one on top of the other.
- Layer your wrap starting with hummus, then carrot, cucumber, tomato, and chicken.
- Put a lettuce leaf over the top of the chicken, then roll the wrap and cover it with foil.
Cut carbs further
- Use avocado or cottage cheese instead of hummus
- Use grated zucchini instead of grated carrot.
Dairy lovers – add grated cheese or cottage cheese.
Condiments – add mayonnaise, mustard, pickles or sliced olives.
Meats – use beef strips or drained-canned salmon or tuna.
Vegetarian – fry 2 eggs and cut them into strips to replace the chicken.
Give it a try, you really will love it!
Please share, pin, or tweet this virtual cooking class to help others. Thanks 🙂