5 ingredients couldn’t taste better. Seriously. It’s amazing how good just 5 ingredients can taste. So simple to make. So delicious to eat.
This dish uses delicious zucchini noodles made with the brilliant Paderno noodle maker – an absolutely essential low carb kitchen item. And with just a few additional ingredients, this one really sings.
The only exclusions to our 5 ingredients rules are:
- Olive oil
These are 5 common staples that most people tend to have on hand so our 5 ingredients recipe don’t include these in the ingredients.
Beef Basil Noodles
- 1 400 g/14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 14 oz beef rump steak - sliced finely (or other lean sliced beef of your choice)
- 4 medium zucchini - noodled
- 1.7 oz Parmesan cheese - equiv. 1/2 cup
- olive oil
- Add the diced tomatoes and basil to a small pan and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken and allow the flavors to combine. Note: If you are in a rush, you can skip this step and simply add the tomatoes in with the zucchini noodles at the end, but it's well worth waiting the extra time.
- In a large pan or wok, add a little olive oil and fry off the beef quickly (about 1 minute), using tongs or a spatula to gently toss it in the pan and brown all edges. Don't overcook it so it goes tough. Set the beef aside in a bowl.
- Add the zucchini noodles and tomato mixture to the pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so the noodles cook evenly.
- Add the beef back to the pan, along with the majority of parmesan cheese (just leave a little for sprinkling on top) and stir through.
- Serve in 2 bowls topped with a generous sprinkle of the remaining parmesan cheese.
Essential Kitchen Items
To easily make a whole bunch of noodles from veggies, such as zucchini noodles, you need the Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer – you will be surprised how much you use it!
Please share, pin, or tweet this delicious recipe. 🙂