I’ve had several people ask about ideas for low carb diabetic friendly breakfasts that aren’t just eggs.
This breakfast cake actually came about by mistake. I was making pancakes and got the mixture wrong, so instead of throwing it away, I decided to bake it and see how it turned out as a cake.
Well…funny how some of the best things are mistakes, because this cake turned out moist and super delicious. You can cut off a big slice and eat it as it is. Because of the vanilla protein powder and the coconut flour combined, the cake has a mild, sweet flavor.
Or if you want something a little more decadent, try slicing a piece of the cake in half like a bread and top it with peanut butter and strawberries, or a little cream cheese and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Delicious!
Either way, I know you’ll love it. And like all our recipes, it’s super easy to make!
Diabetic Low Carb Breakfast Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 Tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup Water
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Place the first 4 dry ingredients into a food processor, blend for 10 seconds to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Line a square baking tin (20cm/ 8″) with baking paper so it lines the bottom and sides of the pan; then pour the batter mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (to check, stick a skewer in the cake – if it comes out clean it’s cooked); remove from oven, remove cake from the tin and cool on a wire rack before serving.
Please share, tweet, or pin this great recipe to share the foodie love 🙂