Since we recently covered the topic of fast food and diabetes, we’re going to be sharing a few delicious ‘junk food’ type dishes you can safely eat. Sure, they may not be fast but they will satisfy your fast food cravings.
Best of all, you’ll be able to eat our junk food without feeling guilty and without your blood sugar soaring.
We’ve got this sweet chili sauce, some chicken nuggets and a smorgasbord of low carb pizza recipes to share.
Although this sweet chili sauce does take a while to cook, it is well worth the effort. And it’s really a hands off method anyway. Once you chop the ingredients (max 10 minutes), just let it simmer away. If you want to cut down the prep time to just 2 minutes, we’ve also got some cheats below to help speed up the process.
This recipe makes a fairly big batch that can be kept in the fridge for a few weeks and even frozen if need be. So really, you could make a double batch if you wanted to cut down on time even more.
Best of all, it’s sugar free and diabetic friendly – like everything we do here. Hooray!
Sugar Free Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 red onion – finely diced
- 6 tomato – finely diced
- 3 teaspoon chili paste (sambal)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 30 drops liquid stevia extract – or to taste
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- To make the sauce, heat a medium pan with a little oil over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes, just to moisten the onions.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, chili paste (sambal), and water to the pan, then turn down to low and simmer for a further 40-60 minutes. You want to reduce the mixture right down so most of the water should absorb making the sauce fairly thick. If you do want to reduce cooking time, put only 1 cup water into the mix.