Cauliflower… it makes the perfect potato substitute.
If you served this “potato” salad to your family or guests, they won’t know the difference. Or, if they do, they’ll love it just as much.
We’ve got another great “potato” substitute recipe: Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
You simply must give both of these recipes a try. You’ll love them and so will your blood sugar levels!
Cauliflower “Potato” Salad Recipe
Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- 1.1 lb cauliflower
- 1 scallions (spring onions) - finely sliced
- 4 egg - hard boiled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise - or add more if you like it extra creamy
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized chunks, place into a boiling steamer for 5-7 minutes until soft but not mushy. Check it with a fork at 5 minutes to test it. If it needs a bit of extra time, leave it for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Chop or mash the hard boiled eggs and place in a large mixing bowl with the cooled cauliflower; add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Serve on it's own or with a side of chicken, fish, or meat patties for a highly satisfying meal.
- Add more mayonnaise for extra creaminess
- Add salt and pepper to season
- Add diced red bell pepper (capsicum) for added sweetness
- Add diced ham for a protein and flavor injection
- Add a little chilli powder to spice it up
- Add a pinch of onion and garlic powder
- Use yellow mustard instead of dijon
- Use half mayonnaise, half mashed avocado
- Put a twist on it with any herbs or spices of your choice.
Featured Cooking Class
Learn how to cook this recipe by watching the cooking class below – it’s super easy!
Please pin, tweet or share this delicious recipe. 🙂
Please pin, tweet or share this delicious recipe with others. 🙂