These delicious, super fresh diabetic appetizers are always a hit!
Because they are a bit different, they are usually a bit of a conversation piece too, which always adds a twist to any gathering. And of course, they make a fantastic low carb snack.
Diabetes Appetizers: Cucumber Rolls
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - (optional)
- pinch black cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 medium tomato - diced finely
- 1 Lebanese/ English cucumber
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the cucumber into thin slices length ways to be used as a wrap.
- Place the avocado, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and tomato in a bowl and mash together well.
- To make the rolls, lay down one of the cucumber slices, put some alfalfa in the middle, topped by a small spoonful of the avocado mixture.
- Roll the topside of the cucumber over the mixture and use a toothpick to hold the edges together to stop it unrolling.
- Serve on a plate or platter.
Please share, pin, or tweet this recipe. 🙂