A delicious vegetable side dish to include with any of your favorite meats or fish.
Essential Kitchen Tools
Servings: 3 people
Net Carbs: 14g
- 1 medium onion – finely diced
- 2 carrot – sliced
- 2 zucchini – sliced
- 6 oz broccoli – equiv. to 1/2 broccoli – chopped
- 10.5 oz cauliflower – equiv. to 1/4 medium cauliflower – roughly chopped
- 4 tomato – diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – equiv. to 1 cup – grated
- Preheat the oven to 420°F / 220°C. Then place all the chopped cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, and zucchini in a ceramic baking dish.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, and saute until well browned.
- Add the tomatoes and basil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes until nicely softened and saucey.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the vegetables, then use a spoon or spatula to mix the tomato into the vegetables so they are covered.
- Make sure the vegetables are dispersed evenly and then cover with a sheet of foil and then cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, top with the cheese and then put back in the oven uncovered. Bake for a further 10 minutes with the foil off so it goes nice and brown.
- Eat hot or cold and serve beside some fish, chicken, or beef for a tasty, healthy meal.
Tried this recipe?Share by Email Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Pin Recipe
Please pin, share or tweet this recipe. 🙂