Despite commonly held assumptions, eggs are actually one of the very best foods you can have on your menu.
They are jam packed with vitamins and minerals and contain good quality protein that helps satiate your appetite.
In fact, did you know that eggs are the gold standard for protein sources?
In science, all other proteins are compared to eggs because they are considered the most complete protein source available. That’s just a bit of trivia but interesting nonetheless. 😉
This easy scramble is simply delicious and can be eaten on it’s own in a bowl, but it’s also great served with something fresh on the side.
Mixed Veggie Egg Scramble
- 5 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- black cracked pepper – to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion – finely diced
- 1 carrot – julienne sliced
- 1 zucchini – julienne sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts – optional
- 1 oz kale – or baby kale leaves, lettuce or greens
- 4 cherry tomatoes – halved
- 2 slices lemon
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper to season and use a fork to beat them well.
- Heat a fry pan over high heat with the olive oil.
- When it’s hot, add the onion and carrot and sauté until they are brown – around 3-5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini into the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the vegetables and then gently stir until the egg is cooked through.
- Serve with a side salad of kale leaves, alfalfa, and tomato, and a twist of lemon.
- Add your favorite combo herb blend to the mix
- Top with shredded cheddar or Parmesan cheese
- Serve in a bowl topped with freshly diced tomato
- Add mushrooms to the mixture
Please pin, tweet, or share the recipe with others.
Give it a try because we’re sure you’re going to love it. 🙂