So this low carb muesli makes a great replacement and will soon become your favorite breakfast on the menu.
It’s refreshing, super healthy, and it’s also very filling, too.
The fresh strawberries give it just enough sweetness. Of course, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries pair perfectly as well.
The crunch of the nuts is what really makes it pop. Just pour a little bit of milk over the top (cow, almond, or coconut milk), or as an alternative, include a little plain Greek yogurt.
And if you’re the type of person who loves a sweet breakfast, add some stevia (a sugar substitute) to give it that extra sweet boost.
Roasted Nut Low Carb Muesli
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds (pepita)
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Heat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
- Place all the nuts on a baking tray (not the coconut), and roast for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix together with the shredded coconut and store in an airtight container ready for use.
- Serve with your choice of fruit (strawberries, blueberries or cherries) and a little milk (cow, almond or coconut milk).
- Milk – cow, almond, or coconut milk
- Keeps in a jar or airtight container for weeks, so make a big batch and keep it on hand.